Monday, August 24, 2009

Häagen-Dazs






Haagen Das' Waffles Ice Cream Plate!
MOA, Pasay City

After a savory Spanish lunch at Casa Armas (Nakpil Street, Malate, Manila) with my High School batchmate, Jane, we headed off to the ginormous Mall of Asia, Pasay City for some dessert.

After strolling around the area to juggle up the tummy and make some space for the much awaited sweets, we spotted the X11 colored (read: Maroon) walls with the all-too familiar black lettered, white background and maroon trimmed logo which only promised mouth-watering sugar-laden ice-cold delight!

Häagen-Dazs

After settling ourselves comfortably in their heavily cushioned chair, I scanned through the about 15-page of glossy photos of chilly sweets, intently reading the short description of what I could taste, I decided on the Waffle Ice Cream dessert.

It's 2 pieces of crunchy waffles with maple syrup and whipped cream, a scoop of Dulce De Leche (my fave) and Macademia Nut Brittle drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with almond nuts, 3 slices of bananas and 1 strawberry with a dallop of whipped cream.

With a huge smile on my face, I asked the crew to make it well-done crunchy and lo, they didn't disappoint me... it came out that way!

Awesome crunchiness! When you munch on the waffle, you could actually hear the cccrrruunnnncccchhhh! YUM!

Didn't need the aromatic maple syrup that came with it since the Macadamia Nut Brittle and Dulce De Leche (my fave!) complemented the waffles perfectly!

I slowly lapped up this yummy dessert in between stories and jokes with Jane (who ordered a Monte Cristo) to perfectly cap the mid-afternoon before heading off to Big Bucket for a relaxing Foot Massage!


Haagen-Dazs Café, SM Mall of Asia
2/F Main Bldg., SM Mall of Asia, SM Central Business Park I, Bay City
Pasay City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 556-1111




☀ ☀ ☀



Thanks, Haagen-Dazs Café!
I will be back!
Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. i love waffles! and i love haagen dazs ice cream! thank God this is available here in hk! can i have more than 2 flavors though? i can't decide which 2 to pick from my 3 haagen dazs favorites - green tea, strawberry, and belgian chocolate. aarrrgghhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jin!
    Suggestion: Have the Belgian Chocolate and pair it with either Green Tea or Strawberry.
    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. calorific!! any blogs on the eat all you can japanese dinner? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No photos from the Century Tsukiji dinner, Jane.
    Well, guess that means we have to dine there again! LOL!

    ReplyDelete